Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Disneyland Birthday Celebration

We just returned from a two week vacation, driving to and from California. The kids did great on the drive, sleeping most of the way and being entertained by lots of toys, snacks, and songs, which Conner found to be even more entertaining when he could hear his voice echo in a cup. I sat between the two carseats in the back for most of the drive - always the best seat in the car.

The day after we arrived we met up with my family to go to Disneyland. We had several reasons to go - my nephew Daniel had just turned 6, Conner and Ellie were still 2 and therefore still qualified for free admission, and Jake got in free for turing THIRTY on the day we visited the park. Happy Bday!!! Love  you guys!!!


Grace's first ride ever As usual, he was very serious, taking it all in.






Here's a classic family picture...notice the smiles, the phone calls, and the picture taking. :)



He was unsure about this ride...but by the end of the day...well, you'll see.


Conner was as serious as could be ON the rides, but excited to talk about them afterwards.




Still kids at heart

Autopia was one of the hits of the day...and I LOVED riding with my niece in our PINK car!

Conner was proud to be tall enough to drive a car.







One handed driver



It started raining, as expected...so we all got ready to go out and brave the downpour.

By the time we got out, it had stopped raining! haha

Still our little Yoda.


Even Grace got a poncho.


Buzz Lightyear was the favorite ride of the day. I'm pretty sure they went on this ride at least eight times.


Then at the end of the day, they kids had enough courage to try the Matterhorn!

EVEN CONNER!!!



"I did it!"

Fun to the very end...

After the day at Disneyland, we all headed back to Bill and Susi's for the night...Yes, 13 people in one house for a fun family sleepover. How cute are these cousins?! Thanks for the memories!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Conner's eyes in that one picture on the Matterhorn -what a brave little boy! Looks like you guys had a blast. I can't wait to take Callie when she can go on the rides. Also, your dad's self portrait blog is hilarious -what a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot -the Buzz Lightyear game was our favorite too! Aaron was determined to become a "Galactic Hero."

Triple Creek said...

I soooo loved going! I'll treasure those memories for years to come. I loved seeing Conner in the Alien hat! And yes, his eyes say it all on the Matterhorn and he was adorable saying, "I did it!" Gotta love those stylish ponchos! Glad you're home safe!

Anonymous said...

I love all those pictures. Man, I wish I could be there just to watch the kids. Good job capturing the moments.

Angela Straw said...

Conner and Grace are just stinkin' CUTE! I wish you guys lived in SC again. Looks like fun was had by all, good family memories in the making.

Angela Straw

Susanna said...

What a fun day! We have yet to take our boys to Disneyland, but your post is really making want to take them!