Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grace Comes Home - Sept. 9

We brought Grace home from the hospital on Tuesday night. We were all very ready to begin our life at home as a family of four. Conner waited at the window for us to pull up, and once we did, he kept repeating "Hi Gracie! Hi Gracie!"

I wore this dress home from the hospital as a baby, so I thought it would be fun to have Grace wear it too. (CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO MAKE THEM BIGGER.)













After being home for one night, the doctor called with test results and told us we had to keep Grace under a bili light for her jaundice. They delivered it to our house and she had to stay under the light except when nursing. I think it was harder on us than her because all we wanted to do was pick her up and cuddle her.

Since she was born a couple weeks early, we had not yet washed all her baby clothes. It sure seemed funny doing all that laundry for a tiny naked baby.

I was sooooo excited when the doctor called to tell us she could be taken out of the light!! That meant I could dress her and hold her and cuddle her and rock her and ... yeah!!!


He kisses her every chance he gets.



Uncle Matt was teaching Grace all about Fantasy Football. It's very important stuff for a one week old.


Here Grace is being introduced to her future husband or best friend. We'll find out in December!

Shawn and Kristy are expecting their first baby in November. This was good practice for keeping a baby away from the velcro on his uniform. :)

5 comments:

Triple Creek said...

I can't wait to hold that little baby girl!!! She is so cute and cudley! See you soon! Love ya!

KCR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KCR said...

Adorable Katie! LOVE her room, love Conner kissing on her and I am so happy she is healthy and out from under those lights! You look amazing and I can see in your smile, how much that little girl blesses your family! I hope to hold her soon!! Love you guys!

Emily said...

Katie! Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter! She is precious! Looks like you are having a wonderful time! (we just found out our second will be another girl...and are SO excited!)

Anonymous said...

Congrats....Gracie is just precious. Seeing that you brought her home in blue reminds me that I, too, was brought home in blue - because my parents were expecting a boy!!! My oldest, Brian, was brought home in the same outfit, although it wasn't a dress!!!

Katie, your smile reflects the joy this little one has brought to you and your sweet family :)

Lynda